If you have a legal problem and wish to seek free legal consultation with a solicitor, you can find here law firms which are prepared to offer you an appointment for an initial legal consultation not exceeding 45 minutes free of charge.
The personal data contained in this website must not be used for any non-directly related purposes. It is a criminal offence under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance to use the personal data in this directory for direct marketing without the data subjects' consent.
Scam Alert: From time to time, the Law Society receives reports on scam websites, emails or other means of communication using bogus law firms or solicitors / foreign lawyers on fake law firm letterheads with false contact details. A list of these scam reports is available on Scam Alert webpage of the Law Society's website.
BY PROCEEDING, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FREE LEGAL CONSULTATION
- The law firms listed under the Free Legal Consultation section have volunteered to provide to the public an initial legal consultation of not exceeding 45 minutes free of charge. This service is by appointment only.
- If you have a legal problem and wish to seek free consultation with a solicitor, you must call the law firm that you select and make an appointment informing them that you wish to accept the offer of a free consultation.
- When making an appointment, the law firm may require you to provide your full name, contact details and such other information as it may consider necessary.
- You may receive only ONE initial consultation for a legal problem. You must not make multiple appointments with different law firms for one particular legal problem.
- The solicitors / law firms have an absolute discretion to accept or refuse to provide an initial consultation without giving reasons.
- If you wish to engage the law firm after the free initial consultation, you should ask the firm to give you an estimate of the costs, charging scale, other disbursements which may incur and all other details about the legal service.
- After the free initial consultation, the solicitor / law firm has an absolute discretion to accept or refuse to take on your case.
- The information published in this section is for the purpose of facilitating the public in identifying law firms which have volunteered to provide an initial free legal consultation, and their areas of practices. The information contained in this section should not be used for any other purposes. Whilst The Law Society has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the entries, it accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions from this section.
To proceed, please click the Search by Practice Area button below.